"To protect your privacy as vigorously as we do our own."
Privacy is the no. 1 concern of Internet users.
We understand and respect that. We never want to lose your trust over privacy concerns.
Here's what you should know about our commitment to your privacy:
- Eventures Pty Ltd operating as Byronbay.com.au, will not disclose your personal information to third-party companies without your consent.
- We may share aggregate data about our users with business partners, advertisers or sponsors. For example, we will say the byronbay.com.au audience is x percent females and y percent males. But our motivation in doing so is to deliver better content and services to you.
- We use a combination of self served and third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web site. Our third-party advertising company also separately places or recognises a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to this site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Eventures makes unsubscribing easy.
- If you sign up for our newsletters and/or services and later change your mind, an easy unsubscribe option will always be detailed in our email newsletter and posted on our web site.
- We share information discriminately.
- Eventures may find itself in a situation where it must cooperate with authorities and disclose user information required by law or legal process.
- To receive an email from us, you will need to give us your first and last name and email address. We will not require any other information. There are cases where we may ask you for personal information such as your birth date. We need to collect this information for fulfilling prizes, tracking/verifying compliance with our policies as well as federal and state laws and/or for editorial and feedback solicitation purposes.
- In case you change your mind or some personal information may change (such as your email address or post code), we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you give us. You can do this by contacting our Webmaster.
We ensure you can opt-out.
To keep you in control of your personal information and the communications directed to you, we allow you to opt-out of the following services:
- Receiving communications from us about new features or services
- Receiving communications about offers from third-party companies that offer a product or service that we think would be of value to you
- If a guest objects to such use for any reason, he/she may stop that use -- either by email request or by modifying his/her member information online.
- Why we collect IP addresses.
- An IP address is a number that's automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Web. Web servers -- the big computers that "serve up" Web pages -- automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
- We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and to audit the use of our site. When guests request pages from our sites, our servers log the guests' IP addresses. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a user's session will be logged, but the user remains anonymous to us. We can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our house rules or terms of service or to protect our service, site, customers or others.
- We link to other Internet sites.
- Users should be aware that when you are on one of our sites, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from our websites pages that take you outside our service. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online -- for example, via message boards or chat -- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While we strive to protect our users' personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose on-line. You do so at your own risk.
- Our policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond our control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
What you should know about security.
- The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our guests is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our on-line products or services. You do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if your computer is accessible to others or if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this web site's privacy statement, you should first contact the company.
Any questions please contact us